Dear family and friends,
So this week has been pretty good. Jessie and Nick got married at the chapel on Friday and they had asked Bishop Brockman to marry them. It was a really simple wedding, only took about 20 minutes for the actual ceremony. It's great now that we have all of our investigators that were planning on getting married took the chance to do it so that now they can prepare to be baptized.
We also had our stake conference this weekend, but as missionaries we're only allowed to go to the Sunday session. So we got some members to take us to Kingman yesterday where the stake center is (about 45 minutes away). We actually had Cynthia catch a ride to Stake Conference with a member also, which was unexpected. We usually don't pressure our investigators into making that long of a ride for just one week, but that was definitely cool.
We're going to be getting ready for Jessie and Nick's baptism this week and so today we're going to set up the baptismal interview and try and get the program ready. Cynthia practically already has her program laid out and she'll be getting baptized next week on Mar. 10th. We still have Damian and Chardonay set for Mar. 17th, although we haven't seen them this week. We also set another person for baptism this week named DeeAnn. She works for Dr. Stout (like Jessie) and so we actually had our lesson with her at the Stout's house and it went great. She's set for Mar. 24th, so we hope to see that go through, also.
We had our interviews with President Neider on Tuesday here in Bullhead, so that was cool to see them again along with the other missionaries in our zone (we only see them on occasions like these in a zone this big).
We're still trying to see Brandon and try and help him out, but a lot of the effort is going to have to come from his part. We know that it won't be an overnight change, but we're just trying to get him to make baby steps.
I hope that you guys have a good time visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Cincinnati for their birthdays. Tell them I say hi.
Well, I think our area's doing pretty good. We certainly have more people set for baptism, and we have a few potentials that might be ready to accept the gospel, so we just have to keep chugging along. I can't think of anything else for this week. I'll let you know if I need anything.
I love you!
Elder Meiners
P.S. I got you guys some more pictures.
#1- One of our members is a Reptile Specialist and so he feeds his snakes with mice every 3-4 weeks and invited us over one time to check it out
#2- Nick putting on Jessie's ring at their wedding on Friday night
#3- Us with Jessie, her sister, and Nick
#4- One of our P-Day activities was trying to hike up this "mountain", but we only got about 2/3 the way up. Maybe we'll try it again another time

No comments:
Post a Comment