Elder Meiners

Elder Meiners
Elder Meiners on the left with missionaries in Las Vegas about August 2011

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Week 15 September 16, 2010

Dear family,

Our investigators are doing pretty good. We baptized Jonathan, Yolanda's son on Saturday and I was a little scared because I had to do the confirming on Sunday (in Spanish), but it was alright. We're still trying to get in contact with Jose, the dad, but he's either always working or sleeping and so we haven't been able to contact him in about 2 weeks.

Luis is still doing good. He didn't get baptized this week because he's been having some troubles with his girlfriend. And they're not living together, but he knows that he has to break up with her if he still wants to be baptized. He felt like having a girlfriend right now was what the world wanted and so he wants to do what God wants.

The court date for Arlene went extremely well and so she's set for baptism now. We set her on the 9th of October, but she still needs to come to church.

Pedro Pacheco is doing really well. We've taught him the 1st and 2nd lesson and he understood everything and believed it all. That almost never happens. He came to night church and he even went to the Gospel Principles class. For night church, usually people only go to Sacrament meeting so that's awesome. We don't have a baptismal date set yet because he still wants to pray about it.

Things are going good. That's cool that Mom had that missionary experience to help plant the seed of someone being baptized. That's like what we're doing every day for our mission.

I did get the package you sent. I just got it yesterday, in fact. I also got a haircut, similar to the one I got at BYU my last 2 or 3 weeks.

Elder Parker and I are both staying in this area, which is surprising because Elder Parker thought for sure that he was going to leave the area because he'd been in it for 4 1/2 months. There are 4 new Elders in our district and one of them is named Elder Arbizu and he's in the new Gospel Principles book. He's in the picture where it talks about developing your talents and he's painting really intently. He said he didn't know the two girls behind him haha!

Yeah our apartment used to be so dirty, but it's getting a lot better. We'd usually have an average of 1 bag of trash a day, which is ridiculous. We're going to have to buy more trash bags.

I think that's it for now. I hope you all are doing well with school starting up and doing work. I'll be sure to keep you all in my prayers.

I love you!

Elder Meiners

No comments:

Post a Comment